Coincidental Love. (Part 2)


Both reached a Dhaba nearby. They ordered lentil soup, vegetable gravy and bread. They were very hungry as they hadn't had anything to eat since the morning. They literally attacked the food when it arrived. They did not even lift up the head and silently ate food for ten to fifteen minutes and then Ali said:

"Look, don't take me wrong, I was very hungry and that's why I ate about four loaves. As soon as the university re-opens, I will give you the money back."

"That doesn't matter, just take me home safely, that would be enough!"

He shook his head and said:

"The account is not even with a parent. Inshallah as soon as the University re-opens, I will return the money."

In this little span of time, Mehek understood that Ali was a little stubborn and there was no use in discussing anything with him that's why Mehek fell silent. About an hour later, other people started coming there, they seemed suspicious and dangerous.  Ali asked Mehek to leave. She asked him:

"Still there's an hour. Where will we go?"

Ali got out in anger and Mehek followed him. Mahek was annoyed with Ali, she thought that how naively he had behaved. However, both of them sat on the bike and went to the cross-route border. Fortunately, it was open at that time. Mahak thanked God and they entered into Kasur. After being stuck in the traffic for 40 minutes, they reached Mehek's house. Ali got out of his bike and said:

"Thank God, you got home on time or would have been very sorry. Let's be thankful! Now I'm going."

Mahak thought that if Ali met her father, then there would be no room for any questions or doubts so she stopped Ali and said:

"No, now meet my Abu. "

Ali stopped.

Mahak rang the ball. Her mother opened the door and embraced her. After spending five minutes in the house, Mehek came to the door with her Abu. He said,

"Son, thank you very much, you brought my daughter home safely. May Allah reward you. Where do you live? "

Ali replied:

"Only 2 streets ahead of your house. You must have heard about Shaykh Sahib's house, I am his youngest son."

"Well? He's my good friend. I haven't met you before, son?"

"Yes, I go to Lahore for my studies since the ninth class. Maybe that's why you have never seen me around. It's great to meet you. Now I will leave."

"No, have a cup of tea?"

"Next time, uncle! Abu will be waiting."

On that day, Ali went away, but after his departure, Mehek found out that Ali is the boy with whom her engagement was being considered. Shaykh Sahib had asked for her hand some time ago but the matter was delayed due to Mehek's studies. Mehek's father promised Shaykh Sahib that whenever Mehek completes her studies, he will get Mehek engaged to his youngest son. Overhearing this, Mehek became uncertain. She did not believe it and thought:

"What just happened?" Ali and me? No! No! How can this happen? Until this morning, I did not even know him. This can't be real."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4th April, 2011

Moving on!

Cricket World Cup, 2019 and Pakistan.