Movie review: Sanju.

Watching Sanju was a pending task that I performed today. I am a huge fan of Ranbir Kapoor and I had heard a lot of good things about Sanju as well so today I finally watched the movie.

The movie is based on the life of Sanjay Dutt who is a well-known actor and my generation especially love him for his very abstract role in Munna Bhai MBBS. He made us all laughed and cry in that movie with his spectacular performance. The life of Sanjay Dutt has been under the radar of media from the very beginning of his career and this movie really clarified his part of the story.

Ranbir Kapoor was outstanding as Sanjay Dutt, beginning from the looks to the portrayal of a typical Sanjay Dutt style of talking and mannerism, he simply took away the show with his performance. There is no doubt in the abilities of Ranbir Kapoor as an actor, he engaged the audience throughout the movie. I personally really enjoyed the first part of the movie where he met Kamli. A scene that I would like to mention as my personal favourite would be the mangalsutra scene with Sonam Kapoor.

Manisha Koirala looked gorgeous as Nargis Dutt and Paresh Rawal also presented the immensely graceful Sunil Dutt very beautifully. The whole storyline of the movie was very impressive including every character and details, it was a very illustrious mix of emotions and drama.

Kamli and Sanju's friendship was superbly presented and a special mention of Vicky Kaushal as Kamli is really important. Vicky Kaushal seems to be the best upcoming talent from Bollywood as his acting capabilities are really notable including his more recent performances that I have seen such as in Raazi.

This is the second movie that I have watched from Bollywood this year and it was really worth it. Brilliant storytelling and amazing performances really made the movie exceptional. It is a must watch especially if you are a Sanjay Dutt fan because this movie really contains a lot of in-depth deets about his life.

The story managed to make me teary-eyed on several occasions. One of the most amazing scenes was the Rocky premiere scene where Sanjay Dutt misses his mother and asks his father for help regarding his drug addiction. Ranbir Kapoor very nicely depicted the drug addiction bit of Sanjay Dutt's life. Again the look and acting played a very important role. Another scene where I was really moved was the one when the father-son duo sings along in an isolated place and where Sunil Dutt tells him the story about his marriage. All in all, the cast has managed to successfully engage me throughout the movie.

My rating would be 8 on 10 for the movie.
Picture courtesy: The Indian Express

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4th April, 2011

Moving on!

Cricket World Cup, 2019 and Pakistan.