Meri Pyari Bindu: An underrated gem of Bollywood.

Image Courtesy: WIKIPEDIA
After going gaga over the song Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin for years, I finally stumbled upon the movie Meri Pyari Bindu. I feel it is the most underrated movie I have ever come across. This statement correctly represents my sentiments after watching the movie. I related to the movie a lot. By a lot, I mean a lot. The story revolves around the life of a writer who pens down his story that orbits around Bindu. Bindu, the girl who is the love of his life, his first best friend, and his first crush.
It is the first movie where I surmised the mindset of the protagonist. I could step in his shoes while he was writing down such impassioned events of his life. It was relatable because writers grapple between reality and fiction all the time, I did too. Sometimes it gets difficult to distinguish between the two, its the enigma that a writer leaves for the readers to comprehend and that is the beauty of it. It was transcendent to know that I am not the only one who goes through the process of emotional distress before putting their work wide and open for the people to read, Abhimanyu felt the same.
The process of penning a story is astonishing. Once you begin writing it down, your story becomes a part of you. The protagonists of my first novella THE STRANGER, Roy, and Sara are still alive in me. It may sound a little filmy but it's true, I still wonder sometimes what they might be doing in their lives. It's a beautiful feeling to create a story. The writer lives in the skin of the characters. The writer knows what the readers and the world do not. 
Writers zone into another world where the characters exist and remain there until their story concludes. However, I don't agree with this. If you write a story with all your heart, the characters live within you until the end of time. I feel God is the greatest writer, and He might feel the same way. He writes our stories so emotionally that he cannot leave us alone. He lives with us even after we are gone. The story remains. It's immortal because God has written it.
Meri Pyari Bindu was very much close to reality because it portrayed the truth that not every story is meant to have a happy ending. The writers develop happy endings because happy endings sell better as Abhimanyu says in the movie. Reality is not like that we manifest our happiness and happy endings ourselves. We find our happy endings by striving.
Another aspect that I quite conceded was turning your pain into an urge. A heartbreak might develop something exceptional within you, like in the case of Abhimanyu, he wrote his masterpiece after fording the biggest road bump of his life. It implies to all of us. In life, we can either rant over our problems or use them as a kick to be the better version of ourselves. I say that with experience.
The movie doesn't have a good rating and there are issues with the direction, scripting but I feel the story has touched my heart so profoundly that I can forgive the minor setbacks. I became a fan of Ayushman Khurana after Vicky donor but then, I stopped watching Bollywood movies. I wasn’t relating to Bollywood movies anymore but this movie swayed me away. The way Ayushman Khurana portrayed Abhimanyu was laudable. I feel he has the potential to overshadow any biggie in Bollywood with his outclass performances. Besides, the song that pulled me to the movie has a whole new meaning for me after watching the beautiful tale of Abhimanyu. and Bindu. It’s a highly recommended movie if you value good stories. It is a story that should've received more recognition. I'll not spoil the movie for you but stories like these make you realize the true essence of love, it is selfless and doesn't rely on the desire of owning someone. A big thumbs up to the movie for making me feel so many emotions at once.
P.S If you haven't already, please get THE STRANGER on the following links. This story was and will remain a vital part of my soul and I'd be more than happy if you read it.

Comments

  1. I haven´t watched this film but I still understand the point that you´re making. Writing a story is a unique experience which indeed stays with you for a long time. I say this because I´ve myself penned a couple of this.

    Ayushmann Khurrana is one of my most favourite actors. I´m a huge admirer of him. I might watch this film as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your review I am really thrilled to watch the movie. You have fantasized the story so well that whoever
    is going to read your review will definitely watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that i could bring attention to this beautiful film ❤

      Delete
  3. You summed up this movie very nicely
    And I loved your thought of Allah as the writer of our stories and how He keeps us alive in some way even when we leave this world. Beautiful thoughts going on in your mind. Keep exploring the universe within you and keep creating new stories, thoughts, ideas, and characters. You have been blessed with the ability to bring your words and characters to life ❤😊😊. Keep rocking girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a beautiful comment ❤ Thanks love.

      Delete
  4. You Goo girl."maana kay hum yaar nahi"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4th April, 2011

Moving on!

Cricket World Cup, 2019 and Pakistan.