A eulogy to a jovial soul




My elder uncle (mamoo), Syed Asad Abbas Shamsi, returned to his Maker on 28th July 2021. It was an untimely demise that shook me to the core and taught me a lot of bitter life lessons. The past few days were both emotionally exhausting and painful. I felt my heart and hope shattering. It was a difficult time for the entire family, but most importantly, each minute was painful for him. My only solace is that he is now free of the pain that he was enduring for so long, and his travail has finally concluded. Yet, his passing has left a deeply engraved scar on my heart, and I can never forget the pain he endured in the last few days of his life. 

If it were not for him, my parents would not have gotten married. He was my father's friend, and through that association, my parents got married. He was cheerful, funny, passionate, and knowledgeable. I can still picture his smile. The way he beamed when we would all sit and listen to his jokes. Most of the time, he would tell us imaginative stories from his visit to Russia. He would say,

"Once upon a time in 1922 when I was in Russia..."

There are so many memories, and I will always cherish them. I will treasure the good ones and try to eliminate some that only caused pain. It is still unbelievable that he is no more. The loss is irreplaceable, but it feels like he is in a much better place, free from all the stress and suffering of the world. 

Life is short and unpredictable. There is no time for anger, grudges, and displeasure. Never leave your issues unresolved, and always let go of the bitterness before it gets too late. With time, the pain may subside, but the regret would not so, do not let conceit control your actions. Time gives you time, attain it and get rid of the extra baggage. Your soul does not deserve it.

There is a lot to say and a lot to conceal, but one thing is for sure, there is wisdom in all of Allah's arrangements. We don't see them, nor do we have the capability to comprehend them, but He knows what we do not. He hears what we do not say. Allah is all-knowing, and trusting Him is the only way to pacify the pain. In Quran, Allah says, “Seek help with patience and prayer.” 

I request you all to pray for his maghfirat and akhirah. Moreover, keep the bereaved family in your kind prayers too.

Comments

  1. Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raajeeoon..... Deeply saddened by the news of the demise of your maternal uncle. May Allah bless his departed soul; Aameen.

    I, as an uncle, mean a lot to my nieces, and their lives heavily revolve around me. So I can imagine the connection between you and your uncle. In fact, it came very personal to me, your write-up.

    Regards,
    Rawal Afzal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4th April, 2011

Moving on!

Cricket World Cup, 2019 and Pakistan.