Corona Positive

The third wave of coronavirus is very powerful and affecting much more people as compared to the last year. Eight members of my family contracted coronavirus last month, including myself. It happened at the start of April, on the first of Ramadan. I had a severe headache and fever. Usually, at the start of summer, I get a fever for a few days. It's probably because my body reacts to the weather change like that. However, I was also experiencing a dry throat and a very slight cough. I started taking painkillers for my headache but after two days of fever, I lost my smelling sense. It was the most alarming sign. Well, my mother was sharing my symptoms and, in the meanwhile, my father also started having a cough which indicated that he had also been exposed.

The coronavirus test costs Rs. 7500 per patient. It is very difficult to get tested every time you experience symptoms similar to the coronavirus symptoms. So here is a pro tip, if you feel you are having a fever with a headache, experiencing persistent cough with breathing issues, and have lost smelling-taste sensation, isolate yourself immediately. If you don't have space to self-isolate, wear a mask and make a mixture of Dettol + water, and spray it everywhere in your home.

When my sister was tested positive for coronavirus, we contacted a family friend, Dr. Andleeb. She works with an NGO to help coronavirus patients. She is an incredibly selfless soul and I have immense regard for her. I cannot forget the day when she took my sister for her x-ray when she was the only one who had contracted coronavirus in our home. Dr. Andleeb and her husband were already Corona positive and wanted to help us as well. 

There are many good people out there who are selflessly working to help out as much as they can and Dr. Andleeb is one of them.

We contacted Dr. Andleeb again when I got sick along with my parents. She suggested a few 'infection marker' tests that are usually carried out after being tested positive. When the reports came out, she advised us of a prescription.

Subsequently, I started oral medication. Most of the medication is basically to support the immune system and reduce inflammation in the body. It includes antibiotics, steroids, and antivirals. The antibiotics covered my father's condition and I also started getting better. The fever went away and the throat wasn't aching anymore. However, my mother wasn't getting better so we contacted a pulmonologist who treats coronavirus patients online. He suggested that my mother required IV treatment instead of oral medications as her lungs x-ray suggested pneumonia. She's just finishing up her course and I'm tapering off the steroids.

With the help of Allah and some God-sent, frontline health workers, we're getting better but still, need your prayers. The virus takes time to leave your body fully as it completes its life cycle. Even after the effect of the virus reduces, your body still withstands the strain of the virus in the form of lethargy, body aches, and cough.

Coronavirus is stronger than ever and after experiencing it myself, I strongly urge everyone to please stay safe. Precaution is better than cure. Your oversight can lead to some lethal aftereffects. Follow the sops, try to stay at home, spray your home with Dettol + water, take multivitamins such as vitamin C, D, zinc, and sanitize your hands as much as you can. Negligence today is not worth the pain tomorrow, trust me. 

The only way to beat this virus is to be vigilant and vaccinated. If you are over 40 years old, get yourself registered for vaccination. Let's beat corona by playing our part effectively.


Comments

  1. I absolutely had zero idea that you and your family are going through this ordeal.... May Allah grant a complete recovery to you and all your family members; Aameen.

    Taking steroids isn´t an easy thing. It messes up one´s sleep and causes other similar issues. I hope that you successfully come of them soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4th April, 2011

Moving on!

Cricket World Cup, 2019 and Pakistan.