Ramzan and the Story of an inspirational night.

HAPPY RAMZAN!

Here's wishing all my readers a very happy and prosperous Ramzan. May all your deeds, prayers and fasts get accepted and rewarded.
Ramzan is a time when you ponder on the blessings of Allah by fasting the whole day. It isn't about being deprived of food and water, the idea of fasting is much broader than that. It demands us to purify our souls from all the negativity that surrounds us throughout the year. Being hungry and thirsty is not enough, you must thank the Almighty for all the blessings that He has bestowed upon us. Water, for example, is a hugely magnificent blessing but do we realise it? Fasting makes us embrace God's blessings the way they deserve to be cherished. Gratitude for the smallest things purifies our soul and brings it closer to the Maker.


There is a very popular reference that Satan is caged in this month. It is true but in reality, our own inner demons become dominated and even more powerful in the absence of "Satan". It is a time when you test yourself and your faith with the most intensity. Negative thoughts and emotions are more impactful but what makes this month special is the enhanced ability of a person to regain his/her strength. There would be times that you would feel disappointed and lost, most of the times you wouldn't even have an explanation to feel that way but you must remember that there is a strength within but it will remain dormant if you don't explore it. God has supplicated each one of us with the assurance of His help and only condition to unlock it is trusting Him. This is the month where you unlock your strength. Use this month to fight your inner demons, it may be fear, stress, self-doubt or any other negative emotion that prevents you from being the best version of yourself. The routine may be changed dramatically this month. Your sleeping and eating patterns are likely to be messed up but little change won't hurt you. Try to make the most out of it.

AN INSPIRING NIGHT

The nights are especially very mysterious in Ramzan. Moreover, we have had fairly favouring weather this year. I was sitting outside at around 12 a.m. It was a very hot day and suddenly, the weather became very breezy. The wind was blowing very softly and the whole environment suddenly turned spiritual for me. It may sound bizarre for a few people but that night, I was motivated. The tiring and exhausting day had concluded with a windy night, the temperature also dropped a few degrees. It was inspiring, the Almighty could turn around things so easily and He keeps showing it through nature. Consequently, I wrote something that I hadn't written before, an English verse. Although I am very driven to write Urdu poetry, I never really felt like writing in English. However, at that moment, I was so immersed that I wrote an English verse. It just came to me. I wanted to share it with all my readers so here it goes,

“Your love is perfect”

The swiftness of air,
Makes me stare,
Who has the will,
To keep this all still,
It's the might, the thunder,
That makes me wonder,
Who denies your love,
Thy don't see the world,
You keep it all intact,
O, Lord, your love is perfect.

Note: Please judge on the basis of the first attempt. I'm still new at it.

Even the smallest thing in life such as few moments in the windy night can inspire you but the condition is that you must seek inspiration all the time.

Comments

  1. Great post! Thank you for sharing about your spiritual night. It sounds like was it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a brilliant post! As I went through it, I´d many thoughts going through my mind as to what I´ll be writing in the comments, but then followed that piece of poetry. So wonderful, expressive and vast that I´ve read it many times today but still can´t have enough of it. Just can´t! Very well done! I hope that you´ll keep writing more of such stuff in English.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4th April, 2011

Moving on!

Cricket World Cup, 2019 and Pakistan.