Faith.

Nature is the best teacher. Sometimes we look for answers everywhere but the answer lies in front of our eyes. Look around you will see a lot of miracles occurring every day in front of your eyes but you tend to disregard them because we are engineered to make sense of "everything."
The mind always has a dominance over the heart in a never-ending battle between the two but when we decide our team, things get much easier. When we try to contemplate each and everything in our life, our mind presents the facts and figures whereas the heart shows you the faith and courage. Faith is way above the "reality" because it operates on the basis of belief despite the circumstances.
God is great and nature is the best manifestation of His love. The Ants are a tiny creature but they provide us with the very big message of believing in God. Once I was sitting in my home near the staircase and a few ants crawling on the floor garnered my attention. One of the ants tried to move up the stair which was obviously around 3 to 4 inch big. In the first attempt, the ant fell down. I was curious to know what would happen next so then the ant tried again. This time it went a bit further than before but eventually fell off before reaching the destination. The whole scenario made me very involved in the effort of the ant. After a few more attempts, unbelievably the ant reached the top of the stair. I was shocked because it seemed impossible to me; a human mind which is confined to the analysis of facts but faith can contradict the facts. It does not depend on the human scope of possibilities. Faith leads to miracles as Paulo Coelho says “Miracles only happen if you believe in miracles.”
The mohalla
On another occasion, I was sitting in a car and waiting. It was a street with many houses a typical old Lahori mohalla. I saw a stray cat coming and it was nothing exceptional until the cat stood in front of a huge gate of a house. The cat was looking at the top of the gate, it seems that she intended to get inside the house. So I was witnessing it from the very close angle and I was bored from waiting so this scene caught my attention. At first, the cat took a very low jump and fail to reach the top. Before the second attempt, the cat looked up at the gate as if contemplating the height and the amount of strength required to reach the top, however, the second attempt she reached almost to the top. I had seen a similar visual before so this scene was getting more and more intense. In the third attempt, I was also rooting for the cat to reach the top of the gate and well after a minute or so of gearing up the cat eventually took a big jump and she landed right on the top of the gate. She finally succeeded! It was the confirmation of the previous experience and the lesson that it taught.
The fish pond
The most recent experience was during my eid trip to the village. I was sitting by the fish pond, the silent murmuring of the water and the magnificent might of the greenery already provided my heart with peace but as I was looking around, I saw a beautiful bird sitting on the tree. I don't know why but I wanted to see what it was doing and where it was going next so my eyes followed it's flight. The bird landed on the muddy ground, it began picking up something from it, however, I couldn't see anything that was eatable on the ground. My father told me that there are naturally occurring insects and microorganisms in the surface of the ground on which the bird feed themselves and moreover there are the remains of seeds that serve as their source of energy. It was incredible and amazing at the same time because all I was seeing was mud but the bird was feeding and living on it. There was a tube well nearby and the bird sipped on the water that was all the sides. I thought to myself that we think we can manage everything by our own self and that everything must make sense to make the things work properly but nature teaches us the contrary. It teaches us to believe in God and that he provides no matter what. The bird did not do anything but yet availed every facilitation for a living. It did not get any education or ran for good jobs but still due to the faith it was blessed with everything required for survival.
We as humans are impatient and we always look for something more than what we have and I am not saying that it is wrong to seek out but unthankfulness is wrong. God provides us with the best, we need to believe in Him and keep trying. As I have narrated, nature keeps reminding us of the fact that we must never give up and be optimistic. You may fail once twice thrice even many times but there is always a chance to succeed, hold on and be patient. The easy coming success is overrated so when you work hard for something you actually enjoy the pleasure of achievement. Hard work never goes in vain and God loves the people who strive. Don't be demotivated by failure because it is the first step towards success.

Comments

  1. Keep coming Zahra... Great words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring stuff! Keep up the good work 🙌

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you already know, I was a bit busy with something and couldn´t read your article earlier, but it seems I automatically happened to have chosen the best day and time to go through it. I was feeling a bit down but I can´t describe the positive energy that it has injected into me right away. Awesome!

    This article feels so heavenly because many, many references from the Qur´an justify the conclusions that you´ve drawn from them; which being that Someone is operating it all, Someone is keeping this system going. These are what Allah has described as "Signs of Allah" in the Qur´an many times. I loved it even more because nothing injects in me as much faith in Allah as much as merely observing animals, birds. etc. does. I just love seeing them, them doing whatever they´re up to and the very subtle facial expressions that they give of smile, happiness, disappointment, sadness, and sometimes of contemplating something. I see God in them - I see God´s Great Work in them.

    Absolutely loved the references to the incidents that you yourself have experienced, or observed. Faith, especially faith in miracles and His Signs, is all about believing with a firm, unshakeable faith. Anyone else in your place, in case it was someone who didn´t have (firm) belief in Allah, he would´ve easily overlooked even if he had seen six instead of three incidents, and he wouldn´t have been able to chain together the incidents to conclude that through these, Allah is revealing something on you, He is aiming to convey something to you. I firmly believe that, alongside from visions, dreams etc., this is the way God communicates with His servants, His humble, believing servants. He wanted to show you something to give you hope, you took it with two hands. Well done! Allah must be pleased with you for not only acknowledging His Signs, but also for conveying them to others who´ve a chance to draw inspiration from you.

    ".... The bird did not do anything but yet availed every facilitation for a living. It did not get any education or ran for good jobs but still due to the faith it was blessed with everything required for survival..... "

    This, this phrase just seals things. A thought of a highly capable mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are amazing. Thank you so much. Your words mean alooot to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4th April, 2011

Moving on!

Cricket World Cup, 2019 and Pakistan.